Friday 11 January 2013

When Belgium Looks Like East Lancashire



Both Bob and I are especially interested in the documentary style of photography.  As a result we subscribe to the e-newsletter Verve Photo - The New Breed of Documentary Photographers.  Every now and again something drops in your inbox that makes you go wow, that's interesting or makes you linger for a while.  The above photograph is one of those that made me linger.

Why?

Thomas Vanden Driessche, who took the photograph as part of a long term project documenting the town of Dampremy in Brussels.  This particular aspect he was documenting here was a family celebrating Halloween.  Nothing unusual so far.  However, as I do with many photographs I see, I began looking in to the background and it suddenly occurred to me that how much like an East Lancs town this aspect of Dampremy is.  In fact this image could have been taken in Blackburn, Burnley or Nelson.

To see the full article and explore some new photographers of the highest calibre, why not visit Verve Photo?

No comments:

Post a Comment