Wednesday 3 April 2013

Tom Wood at the National Media Museum

One thing about the school holidays is that I get to go out and about with the kids.  Most of the time it isn't a photography related adventure.  In truth sometimes, I need a break too, but today's little adventure was to the National Media Museum.

Now most people would point and say that this was my idea but alas, it wasn't.  It was actually the kids.

As we were exploring the museum we visited the Tom Wood exhibition in Gallery One.  My youngest (five) is a little bit young to appreciate the photographs and took himself of with his Nintendo DS and played games (which would have made a picture suitable for hanging in the same space!).  My eldest (eleven) said she didn't get it.  Not until I explained what the photographs were about and then she was fine with it.

I have to admit I really enjoyed the exhibition and had seen quite a few of the images before although in digital format and not print.  I do enjoy Wood's style and it greatly reminds me of Martin Parr.

Most of the photographs are of northern subjects and I see a lot of things in them that remind me of my past. From cars, to clothes, to holidays and random images such as Mrs. Coulson.

I can honestly say, that if you get chance to see this exhibition you will not be disappointed.

To find out more about Tom Wood click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment