Tuesday 18 February 2014

Pennine Lancashire Photography Student Meets Idol

Rebekah Doyle had a chance meeting with her photography idol Thoma Joshua Cooper when visiting the Glasgow School of Art.

Doyle, 19, told a Lancashire Telegraph reporter “I have started looking at universities and Glasgow’s School of Art has a really good reputation.”
 
“I went to look around but I sneaked in at a post graduate day even though I didn’t qualify. I took my portfolio and just asked if I could show it to someone. They took me to a room and I thought I would just meet a secretary but then I was suddenly shaking hands with Thomas Joshua Cooper and I felt so lucky. He is someone I admire and he is a genius in his field.
“He looked at my portfolio and took a lot of interest in what I was doing and my work and I have applied to go there. He even sent me an email wishing me a happy new year!
“I love fine art. My photos are vibrant and I also like photographing people. I am so excited to see what the future holds.”

No comments:

Post a Comment